This is professional development training for any primary school staff, child care educators, parents, carers and anyone living or working with children (4-11 years old) to assist with building knowledge, awareness and strategies to support children with their mental health and wellbeing. The course will cover:
- Insight into brain development in children
- Identification of behaviours that an anxious or depressed child may exhibit.
- What are common responses to the current crisis as opposed to a child developing a mental health issue due to the COVID-19 changes.
- Awareness of using a strengths-based approach to support children.
- Knowledge to challenge unhelpful thoughts in children.
- Key competencies in emotion coaching children.
- Development of strategies to assist children coping with their mental health
- Referral sources