This course is all about supporting parents to reduce anxiety & build resilience skills in their child (2-12-year-olds). The course is based upon the evidence of the practical measures parents can take to develop resilience thinking skills in children. The course aims to:
- Assist parents to manage children’s worries.
- Provide awareness of some misguided policies are making parents and children more anxious.
- Offer information on the brain, including how the pre-frontal middle cortex and the amygdala operate, and where fear and anxiety originates.
- Explore commonly misused phrases and cognitive distortions used by children and their peers.
- Offer a helicopter view of what risks we can allow and which require us to keep children safe.
- Discover the traps and trip wires’: what to do when a child’s amygdala starts to play-up.
- Address memorable strengthening sayings, questioning strategies and mindfulness exercises.
It can be provided as a one to one coaching session for you, the parent/carer, in 6 x 2-hour sessions. Or, ask a few friends to co-share the sessions and create an instant support system and learn together.