Would you like to learn how to…
- be better at talking with your teen?
- be better at understanding your teen?
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions?
- help to prevent behaviour problems in your teen?
- teach your teen to deal with conflict?
Tuning in to Teens™ is for parents and carers of teens aged 12-18 yrs. and shows you how to help your teen develop emotional intelligence. Adolescents with higher emotional intelligence:
- are more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have greater success with making friends and are more able to manage conflict with peers
- are more able to cope when upset or angry
- have fewer mental health and substance abuse difficulties
- have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults
Tuning in to Teens™ involves watching video material, group discussions and exercises, role plays, reading information, and home activities where you try out different ways of responding to your teen’s emotions. Parents are encouraged to share experiences and ideas within the group and facilitators may use these as examples to explain and teach the skills of emotion coaching. It can be provided as a one to one coaching session for you, the parent/carer, in 6 x 2-hour sessions. Or, ask a few friends to co-share the sessions and create an instant support system and learn together.