This is professional development training for any secondary school staff, youth workers, parents, carers and anyone living or working with youth (12-18 years old) to assist with building knowledge, awareness and strategies to support young people with their mental health and wellbeing. The course will cover:
- Insight into brain development in youth
- Identification of behaviours that an anxious or depressed youth may exhibit.
- What are common responses to the current crisis as opposed to a young person developing a mental health issue due to the COVID-19 changes.
- Awareness of using a strengths-based approach to support youth.
- Key competencies in emotion coaching youth.
- Development of strategies to assist young people coping with their mental health
- Knowing how to support youth – what to say/do and what not to say
- Referral sources
This is an introduction to mental health and wellbeing in young people. If you are looking for a more comprehensive training course then please contact us to find out more about Youth Mental Health First Aid 2-day training.